List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: default short date format
From:       Hans Petter Bieker <bieker () stud ! ntnu ! no>
Date:       2000-04-06 14:56:09

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Does anyone object to my changing the default short date format to "%d
> %b %y"?  This is less confusing to non-american users and
> understandable to all.  It's also closer to the default used by

Well... The purpose of "short date format" is to be short; it should be
numerical only. Why can't the user just choose the right locale? :-)

BTW: If you use "%d %b %y" as date format KLocale::readDate() will not
work anymore (it does only support numerical dates for the time
beeing...) and you will not be able to enter dates in programs like kfind.

-bieker-

Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Engineering Cybernetics
                 bieker@stud.ntnu.no / bieker@kde.org