List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Pixmaps not freed?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-04-06 8:45:30

Hiya,

I'm slightly shocked seeing the output of `ps aux | grep X':
root  22371  6.3  6.2 36788  7960  ?  S  10:37  0:01 /usr/X11R6/bin/Xwrapper
                      ^^^^^
This is after a fresh start of X/KDE, with just everything from startkde
running. Is the new IconLoader storing lots of pixmaps?
I'm using a plain color as background in kdesktop, so this can't be the
problem. Any ideas?

And I hoped that with the new Qt, the root-window/kapp->desktop() problem
would be fixed, but e.g. minicli or the contextmenu of kdesktop still show
up on weird places. Is it a KDE problem after all?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/