List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Resent: DCOP patch
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-04-04 17:11:36

Martin Konold wrote:
> Could someone please apply the attached patch to the
> kdelibs/dcop files?
> Otherwise, gcc 2.95.2 can not compile dcop since
> around 31.3.

This is not true.  I use gcc 2.95.2 for my compiler and it compiles
dcopstub just fine -- no errors or even warning.. even with -Wall
-pedantic

>gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-suse-linux/2.95.2/specs
gcc version 2.95.2 19991024 (release)

> I would love to see some SPECIFIC requirements set, so sources do at
> least COMPILE. It is a huge waste of time having several people find
> out the same compilation problems before even touching run-time
> issues.

It *is* a requirement that the code compiles with gcc.  And dcopstub
*does*.

I am really really curious what flags you are using and what error you
are getting...
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix