List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Autoconf: Checking for Qt
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-04-02 20:29:30

Hiya,

I would like to change something about the way we check for Qt.

I want to solve the following problem:
On a standard distribution with both KDE 1.x and KDE 2.0 autoconf should be
able to find the correct Qt-lib, Qt-include-dir and Qt-moc without any QTDIR
set.

On SuSE and I believe Caldera as well, QT1.x will be installed in /usr/lib/qt
and QT2.x will be installed in /usr/lib/qt2. If we configure for KDE2
applications we should check /usr/lib/qt2 before we check /usr/lib/qt or any
other default places. If we configure for KDE1.x we shouldn't check
/usr/lib/qt2.

Is it correct that the autoconf stuff supports KDE1.x as well?

Currently, without QTDIR set, we pick up Qt1.x before finding Qt2.x.

Cheers,
Waldo