List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Number Lock Setting (fwd)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-04-01 14:01:04

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 12:30:34PM -0500, Christopher Molnar wrote:
> Is this addressed with session management being enabled?
No, this is an issue at the X server level - if XF4.0 doesn't
do it, it could be forwarded to the X developers, BTW.

The solution that was reported to this list is:
Compile the following program and call it e.g. in /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0:
#include <X11/extensions/XTest.h>
#include <X11/keysym.h>

int main()
    {
    Display* disp = XOpenDisplay( NULL );
    if( disp == NULL )
        return 1;
    XTestFakeKeyEvent( disp, XKeysymToKeycode( disp, XK_Num_Lock ), True, CurrentTime );
    XTestFakeKeyEvent( disp, XKeysymToKeycode( disp, XK_Num_Lock ), False, CurrentTime );
    XCloseDisplay( disp );
    return 0;
    }

David.