List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Moving kfind to kdeutils
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-31 14:55:59

kedit and kwrite are slightly different beasts. For instance (last I looked)
only kwrite supports syntax highlighting while only kedit supports paragraph
based word wrapping and spell checking.

kwrite seems to be a programmers editor while kedit is a non-programmers editor.

kedit is just the thing for the text editor in KMail and IMHO Konqueror. I
definitely would like proper word wrap in Konqueror (when entering text in
forms) so please use a QMultiLineEdit based class, it has unlimited undo/redo
and better keyboard handling now too.

So I'm saying kedit is essential, and should be kept in the libs.

BFN,
Don.