List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop idl
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-31 11:30:36

Kurt Granroth wrote:

> David Faure wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 02:22:54PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > > Who knows how to hack yacc parsing?  Matthias?  There is a problem in
> > > the dcopidl parser in that it cannot handle 'inline' functions.  Try
> > > it out on kdebase/kpanel/panel.h by adding the proper panel.skel and
> > > k_dcop: lines...
> >
> > I guess the bug is more subtle than that, since dcopidl parses happily
> > konqueror/konq_mainview.h which has inline functions.
>
> No, I mean "inline" with the keyword.  Sorry for the confusion.  It is
> apparently the keyword that is screwing it up as panel.h does have
> some inline functions without the keyword that work just fine...
No, inline is not what screws things. Try removing the "- (2*..." and it
will
go through just fine. There is no code in dcopidl that parses
implemenetions,
only declarations. I added support for returns and assignments as it was
easier
than understanding scope rules in lex :)
But if you want to fix this special problem, you have two possible ways:
fix
dcopidl's scanner to filter out function implementations or don't make
this
very function inline.

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.