List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings/Desktop crowded - Proposal
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       2000-03-31 7:17:04

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Lotzi Boloni wrote:

>   I have to say that I am very impressed by the new kcontrol, especially
> with the search feature. Since it was introduced it is the only way I am
> using it. The icon navigation is nice but it is harder to use than the
> original tree icon (easier to get lost in the hierarchy).

Hi Lotzi,

you surely noticed that you can switch to the tree view by
using the "View" menu :-)

About the search feature: Since it is there, I also use it
quite often. But that is not too good: If you have to rely on
search, the ordering of the entries is definitely not good
enough.

I like the proposed new scheme for the entries, and I will
start to change it today.

There is another thing I would like to change along with
it: Currently, all applnk files are in a separeate directory
in kdebase. The reason was that once the translators wanted to
have easy access to the .desktop files. But this is ancient
history, as the .desktop files are now extracted by one of
coolo's magic scripts, so I would like to move the .desktop
files to the individual dirs, so that they are easier to
maintain. Any objections?

Bye,
Matthias.