List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: dcop idl
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-30 21:44:33

David Faure wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 02:22:54PM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> > Who knows how to hack yacc parsing?  Matthias?  There is a problem in
> > the dcopidl parser in that it cannot handle 'inline' functions.  Try
> > it out on kdebase/kpanel/panel.h by adding the proper panel.skel and
> > k_dcop: lines...
>
> I guess the bug is more subtle than that, since dcopidl parses happily
> konqueror/konq_mainview.h which has inline functions.

No, I mean "inline" with the keyword.  Sorry for the confusion.  It is
apparently the keyword that is screwing it up as panel.h does have
some inline functions without the keyword that work just fine...

> Hmm, well, actually in konq_mainview they are out of the k_dcop block,
> and there is _no_ k_dcop block in panel.h.
> I guess that's where the real fix would be - ignoring everything (but the
> class itself) if there is no k_dcop block ?

But what if we want a k_dcop block?  That's the "correct" way to do
things as you then don't have to mess with the process() and
functions() methods yourself.
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix