List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings/Desktop crowded
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-30 15:20:03

David Faure wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 05:02:46PM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > Geert Jansen wrote:
> >
> > > 1. Desktop related settings, including Background, Borders, Desktop (former
> > > Icons), and possibly Screensaver and Energy
> > >
> > > 2. Global appearance settings: Style, Icons, Colors, Language, Fonts
> >
> > Hm, Background would also deserve to be part of appearance while
> > Language doesn't IMO. And screensaver also configures the appearance of
> > the screensaver ... hmmm. :-/
> > any better solution for this problem?
>
> Hehe, developer != artist.

well -- do we build KDE 2 for developers? -- No!
do we build KDE 2 for artists? -- No!

We build it for users!
Would users like your mom or dad know why background would be in
'Desktop' while Language isn't and is in Appearance instead?
Would the proposed change make sense from the users point of view?
I doubt so ...

Tackat