List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Settings/Desktop crowded
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-30 15:22:13

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 05:02:46PM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Geert Jansen wrote:
>
> > 1. Desktop related settings, including Background, Borders, Desktop (former
> > Icons), and possibly Screensaver and Energy
> >
> > 2. Global appearance settings: Style, Icons, Colors, Language, Fonts
>
> Hm, Background would also deserve to be part of appearance while
> Language doesn't IMO. And screensaver also configures the appearance of
> the screensaver ... hmmm. :-/
> any better solution for this problem?

Hehe, developer != artist.
Being a developer, I would come up with Geert's split too,
which matches the code (2. = kdeglobals, in fact).

Appearance seems to be a problem for our beloved artist :),
but those are global settings. Is "Global settings" enough ?
Some of that stuff, in KDE 1, used to be called "General".

(Not that this has anything to do with the army ;-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org