List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request: KRun::run(KDesktopFile)
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 15:24:48

Your wish is already fulfilled :)

  /**
   * Starts a service based on the desktop path of the service.
   * E.g. "Applications/konqueror.desktop" or "/home/user/bla/myfile.desktop"
   *
   * @param URL - if not empty this URL is passed to the service
   *
   * @return an error code indicating success (== 0) or failure (> 0).
   * @return On success, 'dcopService' contains the DCOP name under which
   *         this service is available. If empty, the service does
   *         not provide DCOP services.
   * @return On failure, 'error' contains a description of the error
   *         that occured.
   */
  static int startServiceByDesktopPath( const QString& _name,
              const QString &URL, QCString &dcopService, QString &error );

Send thanks to Waldo. :)

Ok, this is not _exactly_ like KRun. It uses kdeinit.
But I guess that makes it better than KRun.

Does that help ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org