List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KCrashHandler default
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-29 14:46:59

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 05:11:27PM +0200, Hummel, Timo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that in kapp.cpp, someone inserted an #if (0) right before
> the error handler. Does somebody here don't like the error handler? If yes,
> why don't they use nocrashhandler as argument? Just curious.

See the post called "Alex Z. hits again".

> Maybe someone can remove it.
> I'll put a setting into the KControl Panel where the user can
> customize if he wants core dumps or the new Dr. Konqi application, but
> nocrashhandler does the job IMHO.

That's different. I guess Alex has compilation issues,
but as I suggested in that earlier post, he should rather
discuss them (and test the new version) instead.

> I think having a message that an
> application crashed is real important in a modern GUI (I think the GNOME
> guys have that, too).
That is really the least of my concerns. :)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org