List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: New KIconLoader
From:       Geert Jansen <g.t.jansen () stud ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2000-03-26 16:49:07

David Faure wrote:

> Can you document what the groups mean ?
> I can't find that info anywhere (the iconspecs on artists.kde.org isn't
> up to date, the classes docu don't tell...)

Ah, will take care of it.

Quick summary:
* Desktop: Icons in konqueror's and kdesktop's iconview.
* Kicker: Icons on the panel
* Toolbar: guess what
* Small: in menuitems, treeviews, etc.
* ListItem: Listitem (espen's dialog)

These are the most prevalent groups. I think most icons will fall into
one or another. If you encounter an icon which obviously does not
belong to any, feel free to add one. We don't want tens of groups, but it
can be very well that I overlooked one or two.

> Which group to use for menuitems ? Small is ... too big, apparently.
> The code in KAction uses the Source Compatibility interface, and
> I don't know how to fix it. Bar is for toolbars only, isn't it ?

Menuitems should be "Small", which defaults to 16 pixels in the standard
theme. Is this really too large? Or maybe they were too large because of
the bug I just fixed.

Greetings,
--
    Geert Jansen                       email: <g.t.jansen at stud.tue.nl>