List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Packaging a single KDE application
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2000-03-24 3:07:59

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> Can anyone give me a hint how to package a single application that is in CVS?
> (KMail in particular)
>
> At the moment my best idea is to take kdenetwork, remove all the applications
> from it except KMail, run 'make -f Makefile.cvs', tar.gz the result,
and call it
> something like kdenetwork-kmail-only.
>
> This actually concerns the KDE_1_1_BRANCH but that shouldn't make any
> difference, I think.
>
> (I don't think this is documented anywhere right?)

Sounds good.  You can save some download time but just getting kmail:
	cvs -z6 co -l kdenetwork
	cvs -z6 co kdenetwork/kmail
	cvs -z6 co admin
	mv admin kdenetwork
	cd kdenetwork
	make -f Makefile.cvs
	etc.
(Add '-r KDE_1_1_BRANCH' after 'co' if you want stuff with that tag.)

This is covered in the developers' HOWTO on developer.kde.org (See
tutorials/documentation/howto, I believe).

Dave