List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: fast, dirty, but hopefully useful (clueless user report :-)
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-23 23:34:22

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Matthias Elter wrote:

> Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> > - trying to access modules that aren't there or aren't functional crashes
> > kcontrol altogether. I know this is not insurmontable, since it didn't do
> > it, for same modules, a bit of time ago (before the big rewrite).
> > Examples (in the same time, modules to check) : Desktop/borders; Windows/*
> > (how comes, I have done these work a few weeks ago!!!); Sound/Bell;
> > Laptop/Battery warning;
>
> Please update, I have fixed this, you seem to use a quite old version.

When I was writing the message, it was a 12h old CVS checkout, and a 5
minutes old all-kde compile.

> By the way, the Windows/* modules did not work for me (speak: did not
> have any
> visible effect) so I disabled them for the time being.

Well, I warned you about killing some work of mine and others in porting
useful kwin control modules to kde-2 but you seemed to overlook my message
(sent to kde-cvs). Then I tried to repair this but discovered that things
didn't compile for whatever reason and I definitely didn't have any minute
to look deeper at that moment. So, shitty forever postponing, I'm starting
to get sick of myself :-(

> Perhaps this was a mistake. I'm going to look into that. Or perhaps
> you have some time to investigate?

I'll try.

> > - the layout on the about page is a bit too spaced. Konqui has too much
> > white around him (above and below). Putting the brief sys info in a box
> > could help. A brief info about uptime and memory usage would be nice too
> > (but not portable, I believe).
>
> Same as above. I have fixed the about page. It even did look cool until
> qt-copy
> was updated with beta3...now QTextBrowser has problems with my tables.
> I'm
> going to fix this.

I've read about this later in the day.

> > - the layout on the Network/SMB page is too widespread.

Dunno. For the moment I made a nanofix. But I'll rewrite it completely,
because it's not in the stile of kcontrol modules.

Cristian Tibirna