List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: www.granroth.org == KWord doc?
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-03-19 7:01:02

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> Ohhhh... I see when there is a "Connection : close" in the header the
> m_bKeepAlive signal is set to false...  BTW, we do not handle but a few of the
> response code from HTTP/1.0 servers.

We should assume that persistant connections aren't being used, unelss
specified otherwise (via the appropiate header).

> Is this done on purpose ??  Specifically AFAICT redirection (3xx) is
> not handled at all...

Well we don't need to explicitly handle these codes, because they will
always (well in practice anyways) be acompanied by the proper Location
header.  However, it might be interesting to have some sort of don't
automatically follow the location header, and prompt the user for the
appropiate action feature (i.e, display {temporarily,perm} moved to this
location, do you wish to go there?).

- alex

   The average Slashdotter seems genuinely to think that the entire 'Net
   could be run on beige x86 boxes running Linux.