List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: www.granroth.org == KWord doc?
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-19 5:24:47

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
[snipped]

> We should not be setting the mimetype at all, this will confuse konqueror
> and other consumers of http data.

Right.  I also forgot some of the trailing code that dealt with the caching
below the mimetype change.  I have disabled this as well on redirection by
setting the flag to false.

> > Wouldn't this problematic if the server responded with header that
> > explicitly asked the connection to be closed after the transmission of
> > the header ( "Connection : close" ) as this site does ??  Anyways, I
> > think the simplest fix is to have change the last line to
>
> No.  Not if kio_http properly handled this.  This is another problem with
> persistant connections, not many server support them, and so we must also
> properly handle cases when persistant connections aren't specified (terse
> connections are the implied default).

Ohhhh... I see when there is a "Connection : close" in the header the
m_bKeepAlive signal is set to false...  BTW, we do not handle but a few of the
response code from HTTP/1.0 servers.  Is this done on purpose ??  Specifically
AFAICT redirection (3xx) is not handled at all...

> > if( locationStr.isEmpty() ) // Do this if there is no redirection...
> >   mimeType( m_strMimeType );
>
> Looks good.

Committed...

Regards,