List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Home?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-18 13:53:09

Hi!

Home is used in two different contexts within KDE. One
is the Home directory and one is the Home key. These can't
be mixed by using "Home" for both of them as they have
quite drasticly different translations. ("Pos1" and
"Pers. Verzeichnis" for German).

Now KStdActions defines "Home" as a standard action with
the label 'Go to the "Home" position or document.'
Konqueror uses this to go to the $HOME directory - which
is wrong from my point of view. Now the question I ask myself
is, if konqueror is wrong or if the KStdAction is not
defined specific enough. We can't definitly not use "Home"
to be more than one thing as this word has not less than 6
meanings in German alone ("Zuhause", "nach Hause", "Heimat",
"Heim", "Haus", "Ausgangsposition" - looked up at dict.leo.org)

Greetings, Stephan

--
Programmers, heed this: If someone starts asking you about
agricultural genomes, it's likely time to get a handler.