List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Things that bother me ...
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-03-17 9:48:32

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Martin Konold wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, Geert Jansen wrote:
>
> > Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> >
> > > arts:
> > >  - takes 16% of my processor and does absolutely nothing (doesn't play,
> > >    doesn't issue errors, nothing)
> >
> > It's mixing 0 streams :-) It would be nice if Stefan could idle artsd when
> > there are no connections. And give up the sound device would be nice too!
>
> AFAIK Stefan is working onidle detection. On the other hand I do not think
> that giving up the device is a good idea because it leads to
> undeterminitic behaviour for the user. Much better is if distributors make
> use of the legacy support of arts. (artscat)

While speaking about aRts and legacy support. I will soon start writing
the esd-like C library for it. Not TOO soon, because my life is way too
busy for the next couple of weeks.

However, anyone knows of ANY docs for programming with esd? I am now
looking at the headers, and if I'm gonna do it based on this, it's gonna
be some guesswork :-)

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul