List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    [Fwd: Re: qiconview/qlistview usability/bugs (please read, esp. Reggie)]
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-17 11:27:03

Hi!

It seems, troll.no got a new domain ;)

Greetings, Stephan

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:43:59 +0100
From: Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie@trolltech.com>
To: kde-core-devel@kde.org

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, aleXXX wrote:
>Hi,
>
>IMO the behaviour of the current (qt 2.1 beta 2) QListView Multi-selection mode
>and Extended-selection mode feel buggy (don't want to use some ugly words).
>
>Try to do the following with the _KEYBOARD_ .
>Select and deselect a group of items (using shift+arrow) in both modes.
>Try to select multiple groups of items in both modes (don't know how to do it
>in extended mode).

In extended mode it works like in most filemanager-like apps (like IE, old kfm,
etc). Might be that you use a too old Qt version (I changed the Extended
selection mode to work as it does now I think shortly before beta 2)

Multiselection is a very simple mode which is not useful for a filemanager-like
app.

BTW: Why can't you say what problem you really have. I can't see any
description of a problem here, just crying "it feels so buggy" doesn't really
help.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)