List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: umask
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-03-13 18:07:05

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 10:42:02AM -0700, Kurt Granroth wrote:
> I don't know why this always slips my mind:
>
> At every single conference I go to, I get approached by a number of
> people asking if KDE honors the user's umask yet.  I always answer
> that I don't know but since the questions haven't stopped, I'll assume
> that we don't.
>
> I imagine that this would need to be taken care of in kio since that
> is where we do most of our saving. Has anybody looked into this?
> David?  Waldo?

I've had such reports too (and a thread on the newsgroup currently)
but I still fail to really understand what this is about.
config files ? saving from apps ? creating dirs with kfm/konq ?

On the NG, it seemed that it was about "creating files with kfm",
i.e. using the templates, i.e. a copy is done, i.e. the umask has no
meaning there !

If you don't know, please ask more details the next time
you get such a report.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org