List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice loading and saving progress info
From:       "Matt Koss" <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       2000-03-08 10:59:51

----- Original Message -----
From: David Faure <David.Faure@cramersystems.com>
To: <koffice@kde.org>; <kde-core-devel@kde.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 11:41 AM
Subject: KOffice loading and saving progress info

> During saving, the progress bar could be in the statusbar...
>
> I was wondering how to do this. Should I copy simpleprogressdlg
> over to kofficecore and adapt it for this special purpose ?
> (And for saving, do the same with littleprogressdlg - I think it is,
> or use a plain KProgress)
>
> Or ... should we keep those in KIO, and open them so that they
> can display progress info for anything, i.e. even for something else
> than KIO jobs ?
> Since they aren't used for KIO jobs yet (hopefully Matt's working on
this),
> I'm really not sure what to do here.
>
> OTOH, progress info while loading/saving is a bit different (doesn't
> make sense to print the kb/s and the estimated remaining time ;-),
> so simply putting that in kofficecore perhaps makes more sense.

I was a bit busy with converting Caitoo to KAction framework.
This weekend I want add at least some signals, so that we can connect custom
slots to them.

While signals are one thing, we have to do something about the progress
dialogs.

I heard something about the special progress server that would somehow
communicate through DCOP.
What's the idea on this ?

                                Ciao

                        Matt