List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    FWD:"Mandrake's" kwrite (was: Re: Printing in kwrite (fwd))
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-03-08 5:48:41

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:37:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna@total.net>
To: Pierre Abbat <phma@oltronics.net>
Subject: Re: Printing in kwrite

Hi

I need a bit of more info in order to try to help (or forward the question
to knowledgeable people):

a) kwrite gained printing capabilities *after* the release of KDE-1.1.2

b) the last version of kwrite in KDE-1.1.2 is 0.98, not 0.90

c) are you sure you're using kwrite of kde-1.1.2?

d) printing in KDE/Qt is done with the help of a
what-you-see-is-what-you-get widget, that translates exactly what you see
on the screen in PostScript. Thus, it is *very* possible that your
ghostscript isn't properly installed

e) I don't quite understand how you do to use the ghostscript of another
machine. Please, try to print in a file some *small* part of the code. The
print file should contain PS. Send it to me in attachment so that I can
analyse the code. FII, when you launch a print command on the local
machine which is configured to connect through network to a remote
printer, it's the local ghostscript that renders the printing. The
resulting PS code is sent as is through the network, and no other
mechanism than simple piping is occuring on the print server.

f) What kind of printer you have? (I guess it's a color ink-jet one). Did
you try to print with other programs too? It's only kwrite that defects?

Thanks

Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE contact - Canada :  tibirna@kde.org       : www.kde.org