List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: conceptual changes to toolbars
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2000-03-05 13:44:30

On Sat, 4 Mar 2000, Kurt Granroth wrote:

> Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > > How would you make it configurable?  In other words, what would be the
> > > UI to configure this?
> >
> > I meant the approach of letting the user edit his toolbars. I.e. remove
> > all those he doesn't want and therefore keep the bars lean and clean.
> > Dragging an item out of a toolbar on some trash-icon removes it, and
> > dragging menuitem from the menu onto the toolbar would create it.
>
> Hmm.. well, that wouldn't be hard to do programatically but tricky
> conceptually.  How do we know when a user is just clicking the button
> or clicking on the button to drag it to the trash (or move it)?  Don't
> say a time delay because we already have buttons (delayed menus) that
> depend on a time delay.  Maybe a CTRL-click?  Er.. that would be a
> hidden feature for sure.. almost nobody would remember that.

Isn't it the release of the mouse button that starts whatever the button
is for? Pressing the mouse button and dragging would be fine then.

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel: +264 - 061 - 241223
P.O.Box 30955
Windhoek                                         Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Republic of Namibia                                           uwe@kde.org
                                                       http://www.kde.org