List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: XML gui]
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-03-01 21:15:36

Stephan Kulow wrote:
> I tried to convert "kmines" to XML gui and (almost) succeeded.
> I encounter several glitches :
>
>  - I need to add a <MergeLocal> in "ui_standard.h" for "game" menu. (Can
>    someone (kurt ?) correct it if this is not the appropriate place, please).

Your location looks good to me.

That said, the ui_standard.rc file should be a one-to-one match with
what appears in the KDE UI Style Guide.  So any change to either
should be reflected in the other...

>  - for an unknown reason to me, I cannot insert new actions in the "settings"
>    menu ... see the output of current kmines : the xml parser create 2
>    settings entries ... possibly a bug inside XMLGUI stuff :)

Definitely a bug in the XMLGUI stuff.  I'll have a look at that
someday soon...

>  - I need to access somehow the "game" menu to create an almost identical
>    popup for RBM menu (useful when menubar is hidden) : the entries
>    should be the ones inside th" "game" menu + the hide menubar action.
>    Can this be done automagically or should it be done manually ? (seems like
>    a hack in kmines' main.cpp file)

AFAIK, this cannot be done automagically.. but it should be!  I'll
have a look at this later, also.

>  - IMHO there are too many separators in standard "file" menu : in kedit,
>    there are 6 separators for 11 entries ...

This goes back to the KDE UI Standards....

>  - how can I insert entries in other mergelocal than the default one (I
>    should RTFM or RTFS but it's probably a matter of 10 key strokes for some
>    of you so ... :)

<Action name="my_action" append="the_alternative_mergelocal"/>
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix