List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Open Recent... class ?
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-02-29 7:04:35

At 12:35 AM 2/29/00 +0000, you wrote:
>A lot of apps have or need the "open recent..." functionality.
>There was some discussion about a global solution for this,
>but apparently nothing has been done yet, at least not in kdelibs.
>
>Is anybody aware of anything in this area ?
>
>I'm not talking about those strange ideas of a daemon running or anything,
>but a simple class in kdecore or kdeui that would take care of the
>KActionMenu, and of loading/saving the urls to the config file...
>
>Oh, well, it's very simple in fact. The question is : should it
>be in kdelibs, or should we go on doing it in each app ?
>
>(My plan is ... kofficecore of course).

I would be happy (oh well, I am happy anyway :) if this class could
somehow store a list of "recent directories" as well. If this list
is then made available from the fileselector, a lot of nagivation
can be avoided in certain situations. Perhaps the "recent diretory"
list can be displayeed as a popup menu and be activated
with CTRL+LMB from the fileselector?

--
Espen Sand