List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Open Recent... class ?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       2000-02-29 4:11:15

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:

> #if mosfet
> > This would be cool. I don't like my old hack and it would be neat to
> > have a global repository of recent items :)
>
> /me wonders why everyone loves the idea now, but last year it
> was half-ignored. Oh well, I'm not proud. I'll do it again :)

I'm sure you know the answer. And I use a serious tone when I say the
following, even if it seems I'm joking: even if this is a freedom game in
the first place, you have to choose your moments. Last year there were
things much more important to do/finish, people were concentrated on them.
I think I recall well your postings. Although, I also remember I was
reflecting like "well, let's see if this compiles, I'll be happy to make
it load files at all, no need yet to bother about having a list of old
files now".

So, I can't but say thanks for your dedication :-)

About mimetype detection/saving stuff you mentioned in the other message,
try to look at Mosfet's solution for kicker. He saves .desktop files from
kfiledialog. That's one of the reasons I thought a global mechanism will
be very useful.

Cristian Tibirna