List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qaction mods
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-02-28 15:33:04

AFAIK it's ours for now, until Qt (perhaps) includes it.

This means : in theory we can do whatever we want and nobody
will care for now, but think about what will happen if it ever
gets back into Qt. We probably want to keep the current
QAction/KAction split, for the day this happens.

Otherwise, we'll have a KDE-only class, not inheriting the Qt one,
and we all know what it did for KMenuBar, for instance.
(The KDE code remaining in KAction, the Qt one in QAction, any
feature that the future QAction will provide, KAction will get it).

This being said, it looks like we should do all we want to do
in KAction itself, even if it duplicates code.
For once, duplicating seems like a better idea than merging...

Just my 2 cents.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org