List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: krun and http_post
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       2000-02-28 10:20:23

Simon wrote:
> Hi (kio gurus :)
>
> I was wondering if there's some way to make KRun/KIO::MimetypeJob use
> http_post in case we have post-data available?
>
> (or is it for sure that the resulting mimetype of a POST operation is
> *always* text/html?)

Ah oh, I see what you mean. When starting to download, in MimeTypeJob,
we need to do it with the correct data sent.

But ... we don't want to post the same data twice (think about
stuff that inserts into a database behind the scenes!)...

If the MimeType job is then used to do the actual download (is it ?)
and not aborted before the actual transfer then it should be fine.
I guess this is just about making KIO::http_post create a MimeTypeJob
instead of a TransferJob (the former inherits the latter), right ?
Or do we need both types of http_post ? (I couldn't see why...)

David, who thinks he might as well let the author [Waldo] deal with this :)