List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting libsearch and Caitoo to new KIO
From:       Matt Koss <koss () miesto ! sk>
Date:       2000-02-26 8:56:42

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
>(Your?) kioslavetest program has been updated, and I used it as documentation.
>
>The new form is
>    job = KIO::copy( src, dest );
>    connect( job, SIGNAL( result( KIO::Job * ) ),
>  	     SLOT( slotResult( KIO::Job * ) ) );

Does it mean that I have to do connect right after calling KIO::copy ?
Otherwise I could loose some result I guess.

Also how do I get a progress-info signals ?
I can't seem to find them in jobclasses.h

>> Please give me a short hint on conversion.
>>
>> Before :
>>
>> KIOJob *job = new KIOJob();
>> connect( job .... mySlot );
>> job->copy( ...)
>
>> job->kill();
>Not to sure what this kill is for you only just created the job

This was just an example :-)
Of course that I don't kill it right after creation.

	Regards

			Matt

--
Matej Koss	e-mail: koss@miesto.sk