List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting libsearch and Caitoo to new KIO
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-02-26 8:52:50

(Your?) kioslavetest program has been updated, and I used it as documentation.

The new form is
    job = KIO::copy( src, dest );
    connect( job, SIGNAL( result( KIO::Job * ) ),
  	     SLOT( slotResult( KIO::Job * ) ) );

where
   KIO::Job *job;

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Matt Koss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have finally managed to reinstall my system with a new SuSE and also
> compiled new KDE.
> I am glad that many things work now and it's getting better and better.
>
> Now I found some time and I would like to port libsearch and Caitoo to the
> new KIO framework.
>
> Please give me a short hint on conversion.
>
> Before :
>
> KIOJob *job = new KIOJob();
> connect( job .... mySlot );
> job->copy( ...)

> job->kill();
Not to sure what this kill is for you only just created the job

BFN,
Don.