List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: modeless KFileDialog
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () troll ! no>
Date:       2000-02-09 22:49:34

On Wed, 09 Feb 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
>Reginald Stadlbauer wrote:
>>
>> >Please note, that I didn't change anything. The problem is that
>> >KIconView sends wrong signals. I asked Reggie and he said, he would
>> >change it somewhen. So I'm waiting for this to happen. fileHighlight
>> >means highlighting (single click in double click mode and ctrl-click
>> >in single click mode), selecting means double click and single click
>> >in it's modes :)
>>
>> Arrg, sorry, I forgot this. What was the problem again?
>>
>KIconView emits for everything an highlight signal. When in single click
>mode it should be a selected signal though. I added debug output to
>kfiledialog,
>so you can see it quite easily what is emited when. I would suggest
>patching
>a new QIconView into qk forehand - that's what I tried before I got your
>second
>"I fix that tomorrow" ;)

Well, when thinking about it again, it looks more like a KIconView problem.
Because this is a single click vs. double click thingy, and QIconView doesn't
know anything about that. So, I guess you mean clicked() as highlight and
doubleClicked() as selected. And in single-click mode we connect clicked(),
with doubleClicked(). That's what you want and that's ok. But we still get
clicked() of course in single click mode then, which is not what we want. But in
single click we only want to get that if CTRL is also pressed.
So I think we need a KIconView::highlighted() signal or something like that
which is used instead if clicked() and just connected to clicked() in double
click mode. In single click mode clicked() is connected to a slot which checks
if CTRL is pressed (unfortunately we don't really know it so we will have to use
some XQueryKeymap or whatever I fear) and if CTRL is pressed highlighted() is
emitted. Ok, that's really hacky. Maybe just reimplementing
contentsMouseRelease() and doing the check for highlighted() there is better.
But in any way, it has to be done in KIconView (and the other KWhateverView
classes too)

And what you mean with the "second "I fix that tomorrow"" - I don't know. If
you mean that I don't spend a lot of time on KDE at the moment - sorry but I'm
really busy at the moment with many other stuff and I just don't find the time
to do everything I want to :-((

--
Reggie