List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: modeless KFileDialog
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-02-09 21:44:25

Emily Ezust wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> Two weeks ago, Stephan was asking about the difference between
> fileHighlighted and fileSelected, and I just noticed a good
> example of why we should have both. For files, I can't see a
> difference, but I think we should distinguish between them for
> selecting directories.
>
> Take KFD::getExistingDirectory(). Previously, if I clicked once
> on a directory, it meant I was selecting it (unfortunately, this
> is called fileHighlight!), and if I double-clicked, it meant I
> was trying to go into the directory to find a different directory
> to select.
>
> But now highlighting and moving is the same, so I have to move into
> a directory to select it. I think this might be a bit confusing to
> users. I liked the old behavior - it is more QFD-like, too...
> What does everyone else think?

Please note, that I didn't change anything. The problem is that
KIconView sends wrong signals. I asked Reggie and he said, he would
change it somewhen. So I'm waiting for this to happen. fileHighlight
means highlighting (single click in double click mode and ctrl-click
in single click mode), selecting means double click and single click
in it's modes :)

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.