List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: modeless KFileDialog
From:       Emily Ezust <yoamwmvs () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-02-09 21:38:07

Hi everyone,
Two weeks ago, Stephan was asking about the difference between
fileHighlighted and fileSelected, and I just noticed a good
example of why we should have both. For files, I can't see a
difference, but I think we should distinguish between them for
selecting directories.

Take KFD::getExistingDirectory(). Previously, if I clicked once
on a directory, it meant I was selecting it (unfortunately, this
is called fileHighlight!), and if I double-clicked, it meant I
was trying to go into the directory to find a different directory
to select.

But now highlighting and moving is the same, so I have to move into
a directory to select it. I think this might be a bit confusing to
users. I liked the old behavior - it is more QFD-like, too...
What does everyone else think?

-Emily

--
Emily Ezust, emilye@corel.com