List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: kdebug
From:       "Dirk A. Mueller" <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-02-06 22:40:02

On Son, 06 Feb 2000, David Faure wrote:

> (I for one would remove those from the API, if we want to keep -pedantic.

I agree.

> A test for a bool doesn't take that long if it's not in time-sensitive code.)

errm, every existing compiler knows that

if(stupid bool check);

is a null statement and will optimize it away in any case, because this is a
common way to avoid "unused variable" warnings.

So I don't think the kdebug(bool..) variants are necessary nor easier to
read than the if() variant.

Dirk