List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: more thoughts about the new kio
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-01-28 20:22:15

On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 07:21:30PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, David Faure wrote:
> > Either by having a metajob that does nothing else than spawning N
> > DeleteJobs or CopyJobs, for each src url, and waiting for completion.
> > This way we can still return a Job * to the caller.
>
> I don't understand the problem completely but I a metajob smells like
> the right direction. That way it can also make sure that things are
> handled in the correct order, right?

If you copy or delete from a LIST of urls, the order has no importance at
all...

Say you delete
/tmp/dir1
and
/tmp/dir2

Then the order has no meaning at all.
This is how Copy/Move/Delete with a KURL::List for src urls is usually used.

Calling with /tmp/dir1 and /tmp/dir1/dir2 is very weird - I'm not even
sure we should check for that. At least when using konqy you can't
generate such a call (because those two are in two different windows).
Aah. Hmm. Not in the treeview :-)

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org