List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible Feature.
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-01-26 15:41:00

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Mosfet wrote:

Gee this discussion is verbose :-)

> Roberto Alsina wrote:

> > > Are you talking about vertically aligned? I don't like that at all.
> >
> > Hey, I have no strong opinions, I'm just thiking :-)
> > I suppose the user could arrange them in more or less the same way he
> > arranges them now, only the bars would be vertical by default.
> >
> > Either attach the bars one below the other (continuing the strip) or
> > attach them one to the side of the other, forming a multi-column thing.
> >
> > Some less important toolbars could even be collapsed into buttons at, say,
> > the lower right column, growing vertically.
> >

> I don't have particularly strong opinions on it myself ;-) Where I am
> coming from is I think it would be cool if on large displays you can
> "dock" a toolbar into the mac menubar. KLaunchPad had a mode like where
> it could display it's buttons in tiny mode on the right of the menubar.
> But our toolbars are too big for that.

Yes, they are, and it's a pity.
Of course we could attach them to the bottom of the global menubar, but I
don't see what that would buy us.

> > > No, the messages sent to all statusbars via changeItem and message. That
> > > way you can see when a window on another desktop displays text in it's
> > > statusbar.
> >
> > And how does one know who said what? Window caption displayed at the side?
>
> Sure :) That way you can see when a long operation has finished on
> another desk.

Sounds useful. Although there is a problem about important rare messages
being quickly deleted by unimportant but frecuent ones.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)