List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Possible Feature.
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-01-26 13:22:34

I was reading Tog's opinion about the Aqua interface,
http://www.asktog.com:80/limit.html  ,and I saw something I think could be
implemented for KDE 2, and would be good, from a HCI POV.

---------
                 The Right Edge: Tool Bars

The right edge of the screen has never been used for anything, and
that tradition appears to continue in OS X. The right edge should be
reserved for tool bars. It has a far higher access time than the
foolish location Windows uses and could double the access speed
for tools on the Mac. Of course, it will be important that developers
can set the clickable area of their tools so that they bleed right into
the right edge, even if a pixel or two is given over to offering a nice
frame. Otherwise, the entire Fitts's advantage will be lost.
----------

So, would it be difficult to dock the first toolbar of the current window
onto an edge, like we dock the menu to the top on mac-mode?

There are a bunch of other similar suggestions (and many non-similar :-)
that would make good discussion material.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)