List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Licensing alternative
From:       Richard Moore <rich () ipso-facto ! freeserve ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-01-26 13:23:15

Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, David Faure wrote:
> > This sounds like a very good solution indeed.
> > I will add it to the code I own.
> >
> > Should I also add KAboutData::License_GPLQT ?  ;-)
>
> And GPLQT_2_ONLY
>
> ("Version 2 of the GPL" as opposite to "Version 2 or, at your option,
> any later version")

Yes, I detest that clause of the GPL. I am not willing to give RMS the
right to change the license of my sources. It also has legal problems
IMHO - who decides what is a new version? Who can create new versions?
Is the GPL a trademark? if not then why can't anyone who want simply
create a license like: 'Do what you want with this code' then call it
version 3 of the GPL.

Rich.

--
     Richard Moore		rich@ipso-facto.freeserve.co.uk