List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlaves
From:       Graham TerMarsch <gtermars () home ! com>
Date:       2000-01-21 2:18:27

Waldo Bastian wrote:
> I suggest to default to use 1 slave per host/protocol until the slave
> indicates that a higher number of connections are allowed in paralel.

I'd somewhat agree in this as for many types of IOSlaves (e.g. POP,
NNTP) the server generally limits the number of allowable connections
anyways.  NNTP isn't so bad, but I know that most POP implementations
only ever allow one connection at a time.  Configurable somewhere would
be nice, but I can see that turning into something fairly complex as it
could also end up being limited on some hosts but allow more connections
for others.  Ah....dream the dream....

--
Graham TerMarsch

// Today is the first day of the rest of your life.