List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: zeus acting up?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-12-31 15:21:00

Alex Zepeda wrote:

> Hmm.  cvs seems to be hanging when I try to commit something.  If I hit
> ctrl-c and then try and commit again it first waits for a lock in that
> directory, and then tells me it's out of date, and an update shows that it
> really was committed.  ARg.  Que paso?

The problem is that cvs tries to send a mail to master.kde.org. I use
smtp
for that, but if master.kde.org hangs or the connection to it (this
happened
last night) your commit hangs too. I thought about forking, but this
would
result in 2000 instances in case master would unreachable for two days
:)

If someone has an idea how to do this better (and without the local mail
system) look at CVSROOT/loginfo.pl - you can commit, but I have to copy
it
before it will work on commit, so you have to be really brave ;)

Greetings, Stephan

--
It said Windows 95 or better, so in theory Linux should run it
                                                GeorgeH on /.