List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    How does kwin communicate?
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-12-31 15:24:18

I am currently working on the knotify program again (extended version of
kwmsound).
This proggy works, but I work on adding native kwin support, so knotify can
react on WM messages like "shutdown", "new window", "iconify" and such.

chris@donald:~/CVS/kdebase/kwin > grep -in dcop *.cpp *.h
chris@donald:~/CVS/kdebase/kwin >

As you see kwin does not use DCOP, so how do I get those messages?
Looking at the kicker applets and plugins wasn't helping me.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone