List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE detected X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
From:       Robert Williams <rwilliams () jrc-utah ! com>
Date:       1999-12-22 23:00:35

David Faure wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 22, 1999 at 09:53:24PM +0100, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > Hiya,
> >
> > Whenever I click RMB in konq_iconview I get:
> >
> > KDE detected X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
> >   Major opcode:  17
> >
> > Just in case someone is interested :-)
>
> I'm glad you bring up the subject.
> I get that with most KDE applications, and that's been for months :(
>
> Interestingly, just tried again and I can't reproduce. Hmm.
> Then tried again and I get it now. It's very strange.
>
> And when it does that, closing the window (and exiting konqueror) does
> QObject::connect: No such signal QObject::activatedRedirect(int)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
> QObject::connect: No such signal QObject::highlightedRedirect(int)
> QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
> QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
>
> This all looks like a Qt bug to me. (those signals aren't used at
> all in konqueror). But I have no idea how to dig into it.

I just noticed this bug in KMail while I was setting up a new Incoming
Email account.  Create a local  mail box and crash.  The Configure Account
dialog pops up and then "KDE detected X Error: BadMatch 8 Major opcode:
42".   Happens every time.

--
Robert D. Williams       rwilliams@jrc-utah.com
Jarob Consulting         rwilliams@kde.org