List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: kwin bugs [and patches !]
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-12-21 23:56:26

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, David Faure wrote:

> Date:   Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:18:35 -0600 (CST)
> From: slamb@oh.yeah.org
> To: David Faure <faure@kde.org>
> Subject: kwin bugs
>
> Hi. I just downloaded the KRASH release yesterday. Looks and feels
> awesome, but found several problems in kwin.

Thanks for your work, Scott.

> Anyway, the problems:
>
> - Click to focus mode is hardcoded in.

OK. I'll port these days the config dialog for this category of options.
Will check this (and look at your patch in the process).

> - Typo: s/FocusStricklyFollowsMouse/FocusStrictlyFollowsMouse/g

I saw this long ago and I thought I've ironed it. Anyways, it was only
cosmetic. Thanks.

> - Focus follows mouse gives the focus to the root window.

Of course. ffm *has* to pass focus to root. It's sloppy focus that keeps
the focus to the last window before root (in mouse cursor move). This will
not get applied. Think Matthias left sloppy focus for later
implementation, because he wanted to correlate it with the new worldwide
wm spec.

> - Changing window decorations on-the-fly doesn't work correctly, nor is the
>   Be mode saved correctly. The mode saving problem is just that it saves it
>   as "Be," yet checks for "be" while loading the config file. But when changing
>   decorations on the fly, it only changes the current window, and not the
>   entire desktop's behavior, which would be consistent with the way new windows
>   open in the changed decoration style.

Mosfet left this for future implementation. There still is a lot of work
on the styling mechanism. Not very positive to apply your changes now.

> There's one other annoying problem that I noticed but haven't fixed yet.
> Windows seem to sometimes unshade partially, leaving the window
> horizontally sized correctly but vertically only a portion of the correct
> height. For example, I'm looking at a konqueror window that's large enough
> to display the toolbars but not any of the content pane. It isn't just KDE
> applications, either; Netscape has the same problem.

Matthias already knows about this bug. He once fixed it, but seems he
reverted it accidentally.

Thanks

Cristian Tibirna