List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOPSERVER env. var
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-12-20 14:51:36

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Geert Jansen wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am adding DCOP support to kdesu and I'd like to change the semantics of
> the DCOPSERVER environment var. Currently, it points to a file containing
> the netids of the available dcop servers. I want to change it so that
> $DCOPSERVER holds the servers themselves.
>
> This will mean one tempfile less, and it was the way I had in my mind when
> I requested the feauture :) I grepped the sources and it is not used yet so
> the change is trivial.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll do the change.

This will make the semantics different than the SM_SAVE_DIR env. variable
for xsm that it was patterned after.  I guess though if nobody cares, I
don't mind the change.  I'm not using it either.

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.