List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    RE: Program identification module - about dialogs
From:       David Faure <David.Faure () cramersystems ! com>
Date:       1999-12-08 9:48:39

This is a very good idea.

As Francois-Xavier Duranceau pointed out to me, a very good thing would be
have a way to send bug reports from the application as well. While I'm
not going to ask you to do that :-), you could add

void addProgramName(const QCString &)

so that when such a bug-report-sending dialog exists, it will be able to
send the bug report using the program name ("Package" in bugs.kde.org terms)
and the version (please _do_ add AddVersion !)  :-)

About the location, I'd rather see this in kdeui.
I know the info applies to any program, but without ui you can't see it...
But it's definitely a good thing if the info is not only available when the
about box
is shown.

BTW this also raises the question of whether
> void addSubmitBugsTo(QString emailAddress);
is a good thing.
For third-party programs yes, but for those handled by bugs.kde.org it's
probably
better to redirect bugs there.

--
David Faure