List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kded excluding dirs?
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1999-12-02 12:28:15

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 11:38:55AM -0000, David Faure wrote:

Hi,

> I see your point but it doesn't work in some cases.
> Imagine you delete a local mimetype.
> Then you want the global one instead, which is not in the ksycoca file
> (because it has been superseded by the local one instead).

ok, good point :)

> The option exists in KDirWatch, but do you really want to explain how
> kded/ksycoca works to the users, in a dialog box ?

I know it exists there, that's why it could be pretty easy made
configurable in kded. If it wouldn't get a dialog, it could at least be a
Refresh=bla value in the kdedrc. So the admin can tune kded, but the users
don't need to care.

> Ok, looks like something to do then.
> Although the problem of labelling the option correctly happens even there :
> Checkbox (on by default) labelled
> "Monitor global directories for changes in .desktop files" ?
> Hugh.

Hehe :) What about a checkable listbox with the entries of KDEDIRS plus
~/.kde?

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--