List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: kdebase/kioslave/ftp
From:       pbrown () redhat ! com
Date:       1999-11-30 21:58:00

Yes, the connection appears to stay open.  But then if I click on some
directory, this is what follows:

KonqMainView::openURL : _url = 'ftp://updates.redhat.com/6.1'
KonqKfmIconView::stop()
KDE detected X Error: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter) 5
  Major opcode:  17
 ********** KonqChildView::run
kio (KIOJob): No matching slave, no matching protocol - protocol (ftp)
KIOJob::createSlave : Slave got
kio (KIOJob): TRYING TO START /usr/bin/kio_ftp
 trying m_strSlave...Pass
 m_strSlavePass ok (1)
kio_ftp: Starting
kio_ftp: Ftp::Ftp()
kio_ftp: =============== slotTestDir ==============
kio_ftp: resp> 220 FTP server ready.

kio_ftp: Connected ....
kio_ftp: user anonymous
kio_ftp: resp> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as
password.

kio_ftp: New pass is 'kfm-user@kde.org'
kio_ftp: pass kfm-user@kde.org
kio_ftp: resp> 530-Anonymous user limit reached, see
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors.html

kio_ftp: 530 Login incorrect.

kio_ftp: Wrong password
kio_ftp: Could not login

I.e. it tried to log in again.

BTW, the gear never stopped spinning after I saw the debug output "quit"
in the first URL.  It probably should, right?

---
  Preston Brown                                    Systems Engineer
  pbrown@redhat.com                                Red Hat, Inc.