List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KDockWindow behaviour
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-11-29 23:50:10

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 Matt Koss wrote:
> On Po, 29 nov 1999, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> >On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Matt Koss wrote:
> >> I suggest the following change in dock window behaviour :
> >>
> >> When the main window is on the current desktop, clicking with left mouse button
> >> on dock window would toggle visibility of parent window.
> >> This is how it's done in kppp and caitoo for a long time and it is very
> >> convenient way of showing / hiding app window, while still showing it's
> >> presence as a dock window.
> >>
> >> Currently clicking only shows the parent window, which involves also switching
> >> desktop when the parent window is on a different desktop.
> >> This should be kept as is, but when the window is on the current desktop,
> >> clicking should toggle visibility of the parent.
> >>
> >>        Objections ?
> >
> >No :-) Not from me.
> >

> Does it mean that I should commit ?

Yes.
At least I say yes if you mean by "parent" the associated toplevel
window of the application. It is NOT the parent of the dock window.

> Really nobody else cares about this :-) ?

I do!

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyone